Monday 19 November 2012

Daer tooth fary [sic]

Of all the jobs of parenthood, pulling teeth is one of my least favourite. I'd rather deal with scraped knees, vomit, or even bleeding scalp wounds than a wiggly, bloody, pulpy, messy loose tooth. Loose teeth give me the willies.

And of course, Cal loses all his teeth while Alan is traveling. Well, I guess that's a bit of an exaggeration as he's only lost three so far. But two of them were while Alan was out of town.

This morning he came downstairs in a tizzy as he was fiddling with a loose tooth up in bed, and managed to get it turned around backwards. It was hurting and he couldn't figure out how to turn it back. Sooo disgusting.

I had no choice. It had to be pulled.


 He was pretty darn happy once it was out and the bleeding had stopped. And he's looking pretty cute with his gap-toothed smile.


When it was time to climb into bed tonight he didn't want to put the tooth under his pillow for the Tooth Fairy since he wanted to show his dad. So I got him some paper and he wrote her a note.


It was a little more sophisticated than the note he wrote back in April. You know, the last time I had to handle a tooth extraction on my own.


So the good news is, we're one tooth closer to me not having to deal with the wiggly messes. The bad news is that when we were at the dentist last month the hygienist told us that he has five wigglers that will likely fall out within the next six months. Give me strength!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...